Friday, January 27, 2012

The Teacher

The Teacher

Mono had raised an interesting question the prior day.  He mentioned that he had felt impressed of God to share things with people about his faith, but didn’t know what to say.  I suppose it is a mix of not really listening to a church message or not taking the time to study on one’s own to have that knowledge at ones disposal.  But I felt that, since he directed the question at me, I could answer it for him.

On Tuesday I had prepared a quick message on tracts.  I started by sharing how having a listing of scriptures to share helps in sharing ones testimony.  I found a cheat sheet on the Roman’s Road to Salvation on the internet the prior evening and printed off some copies in English.  I knew it wouldn’t help them too much but I had some difficulty in locating some Creole information on such short notice.

So we took the sheets I printed out and went through each of the scriptures from Romans.  To save on space I’ve enclosed the link:


I gave a brief explanation of each scripture and encouraged them to review the tract when they got home.  I also suggested putting the verses to memory so God could tap into them when He wanted to.

In addition I passed out a gospel tract in Creole that Pastor Pierre had found in his office the night before.  I’m not sure what was on it but it was prepared by SP specifically for that purpose.  The crew were quite happy to receive the information and promised to review it. 

It was nice to provide hungry hearts with Godly ammo.

3 comments:

  1. BAM BAM BAM!

    -steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome that THEY have a desire to share!! Just sounds like they havent been taught how to share...whats that proverb about teaching a man to fish vs doing it for him?

    ReplyDelete