Monday, January 30, 2012

Homeward bound

Right now I am cruising along between Dallas and Colorado Springs.  I'm at 34000 feet, on the wifi provided by American Airlines, a new first for me; I love the technology of America.  It is truly amazing.  Off to the west are the remnants of the setting sun; a deep burnt orange at the horizon gradually brightening just a little bit to a light blue.  From there it rapidly fades to a deep rich blue found only in the upper atmosphere and then black.  Venus, the morning star shines brightly above while little light clusters below show the locations of the towns over Texas.  It is a beautiful ending to a long three month venture.

I received a royal departure last night from the base personel.  I was deeply touched by their kind words and generous prayers.  I have been sent back to the States as a missionary for Haiti.  They've also requested a replacement from the Lord to fill the large gap left by my departure.  I'm assuming that is referring to the lame jokes and humor that kept many of us sane through our common laughter. 

There are many that I shall miss from the Haitian experience.  I hope to share some of those special moments in the coming week(s) as I don't feel led to close this blog out just yet.  As I settle back into the routine of real life I'm sure that God will refresh my memories with those special moments unique to Haiti and the people there.  Be sure to check in no and then to share those moments.

Thank you, Haiti, for sharing your land and culture with me for those few months.  I think I came away changed in more than only one way.  I hope I can do you justice in trying to share those special times with others in the future of my life.

1 comment:

  1. We're glad to have you home Daddie! I'm very excited to read more about your time in Haiti. I hope that some of your friends down there will feel compelled to share as well as you make entries.

    ...-1...Welcome Home =)

    ReplyDelete